In todays ultra competitive job market, it’s no longer enough to be qualified, you have to shine. That means not just nailing the questions you are asked, but actually asking the kinds of questions designed to make the interviewer sit up and take notice.
There’s no better way to show your excellence than by asking excellent questions. Questions are the best way to demonstrate that you understand the company’s challenges, emphasise how you can help the company meet them and show your interest in the position.
Based on interviews with dozens of recruiters, human resource professionals and job coaches, here are some examples of good questions you could ask:
- Why has this role become available?
- What are the most important skills for the job?
- “What do you consider the primary responsibilities of this position?”
- What are the company’s long- and short-term goals?
- What are the opportunities for training and professional development?
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- When can I expect to hear from you? When do you expect to be making a decision?
Use these questions as prototypes for questions based on the particulars of the position you are interviewing for. Make them your own and polish them until their shine reflects on you.
Asking questions like these is not for the faint of heart but, then again, neither is succeeding in today’s hypercompetitive job market.
I hope you like the post – leave your comments below.
Adapted from – excelle.monster.com